Applying the Oil Pastel Base to the Rabbit Under the Forsythia

I applied some of my oil pastels to the picture of the rabbit under the forsythia bush.

A New Picture from the Old -a Fierce Lapin

I laid down the base colours with a harder oil pastel that blends well.  I will add the softer oil pastels later.


But I have run out of white oil pastel and will need to go out and buy some more before I add the final layers of oil paste finish it.  As well, I like to see the picture up on the website in order to note how work is progressing.  I can see the need for some further shading in some places and greater highlights in others.  

I can also see that the lines for my work are becoming simpler and yet portraying that image I want to achieve.

Until I get more pastels, I will be doing some more drawings in preparation for painting with the oil pastels.

Comments

Popular Posts