Oil Pastel Island Landscape -one day painting/drawing

I had not done an art work for some time.  I wanted to get back to oil pastel work and so I have started a series of island landscapes.  I had drawn onto the pastel board and then used fixative so the drawing would not bleed into the oil pastel piece.  I used a Sennelier red oil pastel to put in the values and then blended that with odourless turpentine.  I applied the base colour to areas of the painting and then layered further oil pastel for impressionistic detail.  There are these quiet places on our inland-lake island that affect quiet meditation.  Yet that quiet bristles with static energy. Sennelier pastels lend themselves to impasto.  this pice, from drawing to finished piece, was done within the day.
.

 

Comments

Popular Posts