Oil Pastels -a new look at colour.

Just lately, I have been using oil pastels on bainbridge board and I am burning lines into the paper.  I can work quicker and the blending is interesting.  Oil pastels are unique in that you have to mix and blend directly on the paper -you can't do it on a palette and then put it onto the canvas.  And, once down, the pigment remains.  So, I'm working in this new medium because it is so immediate -a far cry from the meticulous burning and painting I have been doing..





I will get back to my wood burning and fluid paintings when I have more time to work.  I'm working through colour combinations and blendings with the pastels that I might like to use in the paintings.  I am intrigued by the new medium and am interested to see where this will all go.


Comments

Popular Posts