Continuing with Oil Pastel Rock Formations by PCMarshall -Process for Painting

I had used ochre and a russet acrylic to put in the values of the image on the illustration board.  Then, I taped the 5" x 7" illustration board to the easel. I set out those colours I want to combine and tried them out on my journal by the thumbnail sketch done.  I wanted the image to be brighter looking than the image I had taken -I wanted it lighter. 

 I have been standing at the easel to apply the oil pastel to the image. The painting comes from the shoulder and arm not the wrist and hand.  The images comes out looser in application. I did not layer much and left many marks visible (little blending).




Painting area set up so I can easily access my pastels.

Spatula for scraping, blenders, paint brushes for grasses, paper towels to keep the oil pastels clean, oil pastels collected on a styrofoam plate ready for use.   Pencil thumbnail sketch and combinations of oil pastel are ready for reference as I paint the picture on the easel.


Closer look at my journal preparations used for reference.








Comments

Popular Posts