Photography Issues with Oil Pastel Painting

 Despite Covid 19 restrictions, my stroke and procrastination I did get into the studio and do a small oil pastel of rock formations along Highway 11.  I took out some photos from our trip up to the cottage.  I sketched a number of compositions and then chose one that felt right for the formation.  I transposed the thumbnail to the illustration board and put an ochre wash, wiping out the high light areas.  I chose Sennelier oil pastels that I would not spent a great deal of time blending.   I had to stand for this painting, which was new for me.  



Now, once completed I photographed the picture in an art mat.  When I looked at the photos I was concerned for how the picture of the art piece looked.  Good grief. what a difference!!  

I need to get back into the studio and work, but I need to look at how I photograph my work.



Comments

Popular Posts