Northern Cottage Country Cartoon -the process
Yet another northern cottage country cartoon. Construction is an ongoing activity throughout cottage country. Contracted or DYI construction makes for a noise well recognized throughout the countryside. However, for a few times throughout the year construction ceases and thus the cartoon.
Again, after preliminary sketches, I use the Light Tracer table to ink the cartoon with my Noodler Ahab flex fountain pen.
I am in the process of making a series of these cartoons that can be used in a calendar. I may need to go back and redo each Seashore cartoon in colour. But first I want to get a cache of cartoons together so there are a number of choices that can be made into a full calendar.
Although I like the Manga cartooning (http://www.wikihow.com/Draw-Manga) I have a hard time adjusting to the style.
During my life I have enjoyed the cartoons of Walt Disney and have a collection of the future cartoons. i particularly like the drawings of the earlier cartoons.
I also love and have collected the books of drawings and stories by
- L'il Abner by Andy Capp (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Li'l_Abner),
- Pogo by Walt Kelly (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pogo_(comic_strip)),
- Calvin and Hobbes by Bill Watterson (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calvin_and_Hobbes).
I like and have collections of books of the unique drawings by
- Unger ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Unger ),
- Larson (http://www.thefarside.com),
- Johnston (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lynn_Johnston).
Their draughtsmanship was excellent and stories were sublime.