Spending Time with Cartooning-Peter

 Since my stroke I have been using my iPad and Procreate to do cartoons.  I have done anniversaries and birthday cards, postcards and announcements, special events and special people.  The work has been challenging to say the least as the endeavour was a new art medium and new techniques had to be learned. 


My daughter-in-law's father turned 80 and so this card.
I used some different effects in Procreate for this image. 




Doug had become quite ill and was hospitalized.  He is part of our local art group and makes jewelry  using chainmaille techniques.  He used to make chainmaille for knights.  He was not happy staying in bed.
I worked quickly for this image, minimalizing details.


My two granddaughters are graduating -at the same time.  And so, double everything at the same time.  What fun for the parents --and grandparents. 

Here I was doodling around with a picture of myself.  From this idea I began a long journey to cartoon the events of my stroke.  I developed a manuscript (that took a lot of time -about 6 months and pages of rewrite.) Then, over the last year, I produced  160 cartoons.  I did not work every day on them as I had other things to do.  As well I had done no art for 6 months after my stroke - I had to learn to walk again.  I had just done a few doodles, and some cartoons for special occasions -as noted.


Comments

Popular Posts