Return to the New Pyrographic/Acrylic Painting in the Works

The drawing of the fallen tree that I had penciled onto plywood had to be burnt. I could not do it at home because the fumes were too much for me in my small studio and so I waited until I could go to my son's home where I could use the huge work area to burn the image. And, I bought a mask.

The work was painful -literally. My back strained while bending over the plywood. Usually I have worked on smaller pieces that I could burn while holding on my lap. Not so with this 48" x 30" plywood piece. I could only work for 30 minutes at a time and then rested the burning tool - and my back. And still I worked from 10:00am to 4:30pm (half hour for lunch).

Despite two days of working I still have burning to do -and then there's the painting.

Comments

Popular Posts